Sunday, October 2, 2011

Friends, Family, Associates, And Everyone Else...Where's The Breaking Point?


I remember going fishing as a small kid (hard to believe I was a skinny kid. I know!) and putting my bait on the hook, casting it out, and waiting to receive a hit. The first initial hit was amazing because it meant a fish was chugging on my line. After a few moments I would reel him on in, careful not to snag the line. You could always tell how big the fish was sometimes because of the tension in the line and how hard it was pulling. After a few times doing this you pretty much knew what you were getting being careful not to get too excited.

Fishing is sort of like when you bring people into your circle whether it be friend or family. We get caught up in the fact we have people around us despite what they may offer us. Point blank I have a hard time letting people go. I'm selfish at times (yeah I understand that) but I tend to see beyond people's imperfections. That was until I deciphered that everyone has that breaking point.



After turning 30 It allowed me to appreciate who I was and know my worth. I wasn't just gonna be 'cool' with you because you were my father, sister, uncle, or cousin. Sure we had been best friends since middle school but that didn't mean we couldn't grow apart and go our separate ways.

Let's face it, some people aren't gonna be happy and elated for your success. They may be apart of your life but that doesn't mean they want you to succeed. I know ever since starting my other blog I've learned people are a bit hesitant to show any sort of love perhaps thinking what I'm doing is a mere fad? It's understandable and I've accepted that. When I cast my line out now I'm very careful on the fish that I keep and the ones I let go.

Try it sometimes. Never feel people you owe you anything and vice versa. Learn to see people for who they really are and determine their place in your fishing bucket (life). I don't claim to be a expert on life but I can offer you my advice on dealing with very simple problems.

--Bizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...