Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Album Review: Trey Songz: Pain, Passion, and Pleasure..


I will admit when I first heard most of the leaked version of Trey Songz album Pain, Passion, and Pleasure I thought maybe he was in over his head with releasing a new album so close to "Ready". In a effort to support homegrown talent, Trey actually surprised me as he guided me on a roller coaster of love, sex, heartbreak. A lot of times dudes have a hard time expressing themselves so I'm thankful for artist who doesn't have a problem talking about these issues, hell even LL Cool J expressed how he needed love. While most of the songs on Ready were straight bangers and slow grinding joints for the club, his new album is a slowed down version of his past efforts giving you a more personal side of Trey Songz.

I'm happy his kept his features to a minimum save for Drake and Nicki Minaj who the latter provides energy to what would have been a suck ass track on "Bottom's Up" which in most peoples opinion's should have been her song.. either way you have a win win situation and the song really is heating up in the streets and radio. My stand out favorites:

Can't Be Friends
Made To Be Together
Unfortunate
Bottom's Up

Whatever the case Pain, Passion, and Pleasure is in stores today so go out and suppport dude...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...