Friday, September 24, 2010

What's Really Good?

I'm not the most educated Christian but I have a strong spiritual belief and I owe God everything I have in my life but the darkness that lies in the background can't be ignored. All these headlines in the media involving Bishop Eddie Long are shocking, heart breaking, and hurtful. A Pastor's role in my opinion is a person who guides, leads the members of his congregation. He's the man who you go to for help, baptizes your family, marries, speaks great things at funerals and above all preaches the great teachings of the Holy Bible. However I have a problem with someone who misuses those teachings and uses them as tool to take advantage of people. I'm no one to judge and I'm not completely understanding of what all transpired or happened but if I had a young sister or brother who were taking up such behavior with a preacher or anybody older and of age I'd be upset, mad and ready to do something that would be totally out of my nature. I pray that those allegations are false and perhaps they are looking to gain some sort of settlement from this. Either way I hope this opens up people eyes that everyone is human and are inclined to make mistakes. However when in a great position of power, money, and following be mindful of what you do and how you go about doing it... whatever is done in the dark shall come to light especially when you are affecting the minds of people who may praise and look up to you...

B.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...