Wednesday, January 5, 2011

God's Time and not Ours....

I was blessed tonight to attend to a prayer service which was theme was about "HOPE" They discussed how we sometimes we allow the pressures of life to invade our thinking capacity, lose faith, and abandon the HOPE we have for our future. I will admit after losing my job, lost relationships, finances, and taking some time to go back to school I lost hope and sunk into a state of depression. Even though I never showed it, it was something that ate away at my idle mind and I began to think: Why God? Why me? Will I ever get back the things that I thought meant the world to me. So I picked myself up, brushed off the dirt, and claimed 2010 was a rebuilding year. It was a time for God to work on me and renew my strength. Sure it gets depressing because even after completing school there still is the battle to find a job in my career. I hear so many stories about people in my field and those close to it who are having problems finding work in their respective studies. 


I realized now is not the time to give up and lose HOPE. God has a way of turning things around when you least expect him to and will raise you up out of that dark place you thought you were destined to stay in forever. For the past couple of days after the New Year I questioned myself and my worth and if things were ever going to get better. Then I picked myself up and regained my FAITH and tonight God granted me confirmation as he always does in times of trouble or doubt . This story right here which I was blessed to see on the internet today allowed me to see God's power. A story about a homeless man who seemed to be on his last ends was given another opportunity to showcase his God given talent and regain the life he thought was dead forever.





After so many hits the above video went viral and now he's been blessed to appear on CBS The Early Show. He's shaved his hair, has prospective jobs offers, and never gave up his faith and HOPE in God. No matter what your situation is God has a purpose for you in life no matter how big or small.


I have a cousin who dropped out of college, dealt with some rough times all before the age of 21. However God stepped in when he least expected it and now he's blessed to be traveling to the Philippians on a job offer within his company for training which could turn into a longterm thing if he choses. Wow see how God works... 


When I look at those type of stories it gives me HOPE for myself, community, church, family, friends and people everywhere who despite hard times never gave up HOPE to keep their dreams alive and unsuspectingly God steps in and sends you places you never HOPED or dreamed. I'm not giving up HOPE for every season comes heartaches and pain, troubles, and storms, but through it all my Faith is built on nothing less.


Blanco

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...