Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Procrastination: The Dream Killer...


–verb (used without object)

to defer action; delay: to procrastinate until an opportunityis lost.
–verb (used with object)

to put off till another day or time; defer; delay.



It's something I often struggle with, often hiding into things that require little to no energy to preform. Preferring easy, manageable task over activities that will grant the best rewards in the end. How many of us battle with Procrastinating? 

It's always "I'll put it off until tomorrow" or "I have plenty of time it can wait"

Those are statements we tend to utter, unknowing to the dream or opportunity we are allowing to slip out of our hands and causing devastating effects to our potential successful future.

I hate studying point blank! I'll usually delay it until one or two nights before the actual test or exam. Little did I know what taking a hour or two after class could do in the long run instead of cramming everything into my brain the night before. Good grades aside, preparing instead of rushing tends to ease the mind and allows time for error or mistakes.

Procrastination is a disease. Yes a disease that plagues the mind and stop progression in ones future and everyday life. Never put off today what you can do tomorrow. I'm learning to get the most out of my days and accomplishing everything I can before the sun goes down. I pray that everyone reads this has their own way of tackling Procrastination. I know it's never easy and I pray about it daily... I love living on the edge because I get the most out of being pushed to the limit but as the older I get I think getting work done ahead of time saves time and defers stress... Yuup

Blanco





3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...