Monday, January 17, 2011

Remembering The Dream....

"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear."


There is so much that be said about one of the greatest people in U.S history. He created a lasting legacy that still holds true today. I remember growing up and listening to his speech in school during Black History Month.. The countless movies and documentaries made in his honor. As a child my parents took me to Atlanta for vacation where I would really see who the man known as Martin Luther King was. We visited his birthplace, Ebenezer Baptist Church, and the King center to view his tomb.


It's sad that current generations aren't as in tuned with what the birthday of Dr.King represented aside from this being a day off from work or school. I wish I could find the Vinyl copy of Dr. Kings speech my mom owned years ago.


Dr. Martin Luther King Jr gave his life so that millions of American's today could live out what the true American dream was suppose to be. I just hope the work he died for can continue to flourish and manifest in todays current society.


Happy Birthday Dr. King

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...