Sunday, January 16, 2011

Happy Birthday Aaliyah!

AALIYAH


I remember having the above pic on my wall right above my bed. I use to collect "Word Up" and "Right On" magazines for all the coolest stories and posters. This was before Myspace, Twitter, and blogs came about. This was my rite of passage during junior and high school. Anyway she was the Beyonce of my childhood. I love everything about her. Her transition from sexy pants sagging tomboy to sophisticated leading lady.


I was in shock the day she died. I was riding out with the homies when it came across the radio that she had passed. I can't front I shedded a few tears. She had released one of her greatest album to date and she wasn't gonna be around to watch the progress.


A lot of people have ignorant debates about her presence in the industry and where her place would have been in todays music. I can say this she would have been one of the biggest names in music. Whether she chose sail to great heights in acting or sell out venues across the world her name would be etched as the greatest that ever did it. I miss baby girl but her music will live on for many years to come...


Happy Birthday...

One of my favorite Aaliyah songs...

Blanco

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...